Friday 23 January 2009

Sims 3

Ok, I’ll admit my shame. I’ve been a fan of the Sims since the first game, I even would have picked up MySims on Wii if I hadn’t gotten rid of my Wii (or if my laptop could run the PC version). I’ve enjoyed both games and all the expansions but in truth I haven’t been looking forward to Sims 3. Why? Well the graphics in the early screenshots looked like they’d finally slipped into the uncanny valley, and beyond the open world and the graphics it looked like there was gonna be little else to offer other than higher system specs and a new £30 price tag. That was till I finally bit the bullet and watched the Developer Game Tour on the sims official YouTube channel. I gotta say it’s won me over big time, looks quite fun. I do wish they’d somehow brought a basic version of the creation tools in Spore into the game to allow some basic customisation for people without the ability to model but even without that the game looks vast, fun, and the iron bladder perk sounds like a god sent if I can unlock it. All the more reason for me to start saving for that new PC a? Enjoy:

No comments: